Bid Live Online in Silverstone Auctions’ Second Annual Porsche Sale, Exclusively on Proxibid
Omaha, Nebraska – October 11, 2015 – Proxibid (www.proxibid.com), world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, will provide online bidding for the Silverstone Auctions Porsche Sale in Northamptonshire, UK on October 15 at 2PM EUR. Buyers can view the auction catalog and place prebids now by visiting Proxibid.
The single-day event will feature collector cars and automobilia from one of the world’s most revered collector car brands—Porsche. More than 100 lots of automobilia and 65 vehicles of the highest caliber, spanning several decades of production, will cross the block during this auction.
During the 2015 Silverstone Auctions Porsche Sale, a 1973 Porsche 911 eclipsed records by selling for £365,000 ($560,000 USD), the highest priced vehicle to ever sell on Proxibid to date. With several cars estimated near that price point, buyers who cannot attend the auction in person can bid online with confidence. In fact, Proxibid is the only online Marketplace with a fraud prevention system designed specifically to protect high dollar purchases like the exceptional motor vehicles and collectables in this sale.
Featured lots in this auction include:
- 1972 Porsche 911 S 2.4 Coupé: Just one of 146 right-hand drive examples supplied to the UK in 1972/73, this vehicle is a complete and matching numbers example and collection-ready. It has undergone substantial work to restore the vehicle to a superb condition. Est. £180,000 – £220,000.
- 2008 Porsche 911 (997) GT2: This particular GT2 is a left-hand drive example and is finished in Meteor Grey. Having covered just 13,800 miles, it has been well maintained and comes with an accompanying service history. Est. £130,000 – £150,000.
- 2004 Porsche Carrera GT: Firmly rooted in motorsport lineage the Carrera GT has a top speed of 205 mph. This stunning example was imported to the UK from the United States in 2009. Est. £440,000 – £480,000.
- 1992 Porsche 911 (964) Carrera RS: The recent surge in popularity of the 964 model is not unnoticed in this auction. Launched in 1989, the 964 is arguably the 911 that most faithfully combines modernity with the classic elements that made the car famous.This example is built in left-hand drive and carries an estimate of £140,000 – £160,000.
- 2010 Porsche 911 (997) GT RS – Gen 11: Critically acclaimed, the GT3 RS reaches 0-60 mph in 3.9 seconds and a top speed of 196 mph. This example has covered just 21,500 miles from new and is finished in the distinctive color combination of Carrera White with Red wheels. Est. £135,000 – £155,000.
“Utilizing Proxibid’s online bidding platform has been an important factor in building the global scope of Silverstone Auctions,” said Guy Lees-Milne, General Manager and Classic Car Specialist with Silverstone Auctions. “Not only do the auctions reach the greatest possible audience, but buyers can rest assured their transactions are safe and secure on Proxibid.”
For more information about Silverstone Auctions, to view auction catalogs, or to place bids, please visit the auction catalog.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through Proxibid’s Marketplace annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer capabilities, across 15 categories that include heavy equipment; industrial machinery; real estate; fine art; antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
back to newsroom