Salon Privé Returns to Proxibid For Another World-Class Auction
Silverstone Auctions’ Annual Salon Privé is one of the most highly-anticipated collector car auctions in the world. Presented at the picturesque Blenheim Palace in Oxfordshire, UK, the entire auction weekend is an elegant event that celebrates the very best vehicles and timepieces available on the market.
Live bidding will begin Saturday, September 2 at 3:00 PM EUR, but online bidding is already available by visiting www.proxibid.com/silverstone. While each vehicle is of sublime quality, be sure to watch these five cars cross the auction block:
- 1989 Ferrari F40: the Ferrari F40 was named in celebration of the company’s 40th birthday, and represents Ferrari’s entry into the supercar war of the late 80s. The left-hand drive example for bid has been meticulously maintained and carries an estimate of £875,000 – 975,000.
- 1989 Porsche 911 (930): Believed to be just two right-hand drive examples in the world, this incredibly unique Minerva Blue vehicle is estimated at £190,000 – 220,000.
- 1970 Porsche 914-6: This Adriatic Blue is unrestored, but has the benefit of dry-storage and rare driving for many years. This rare mid-engined vehicle shows 55,000 km and estimated at £50,000 – 60,000.
- 1990 BMW E30 M3 Convertible: Just 786 convertible E30 M3s were ever produced, and just 476 were fitted with the 215hp engine, like the example on offer. With meticulous maintenance and dry storage, this car is estimated between £50,000 – 60,000.
- 2008 Ford Shelby Mustang GT500 KR: Describes as the “most powerful Mustang to date,” the GT 500 KR was the last to bear the Shelby name before Carroll Shelby’s death in 2012. This example, built in left-hand drive, is in incredible condition as it reads just 603 miles. It is estimated between £45,000 – 55,000.
For more information, visit the auction catalog. If you need assistance bidding in this auction, our customer support team is here to help around-the clock. Click here to contact us.