Completing the Transaction
- When participating in a timed auction, you will receive an email from Proxibid notifying you of your purchase. In a live auction, notification will come directly from the seller.
- Sellers in the Proxibid Marketplace typically send out an informational invoice to buyers via email within 48 hours of the purchase.
- Invoices include complete payment details of all fees such as Buyer’s Premium, taxes, and shipping as well as any additional information the seller may wish to include.
What’s a Buyer’s Premium?
A buyer’s premium is the fee an individual seller charges a buyer for purchasing. Proxibid doesn’t determine what a seller can charge a buyer. Proxibid does charge a fee to sell in the Marketplace. Some sellers choose to pass this cost on to buyers in the form of a buyer’s premium.
- Payment method varies by seller. All sellers who use APN, Proxibid’s payment network, are able to simply charge the credit card on file with Proxibid. All sellers who use APN are denoted with an APN badge.
- Simply log in and visit the MyProxibid section at any time to view your invoice history or update your billing information.
Purchasing is Safe on Proxibid
Proxibid protects buyers’ data—operating in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard.
All financial information—including credit card numbers—is encrypted to keep it from being accessed by someone looking to steal information. Proxibid is one of the only providers that does not share financial information with merchants directly. All cardholder information is protected using firewalls, encrypted transmission of data and vulnerability management.
Additional Safety Tips:
- Don’t submit credit card numbers over the phone or email. Refer a seller back to Proxibid for encrypted access to this information.
- Don’t negotiate purchases with sellers outside of our Marketplace. Proxibid can’t assist with dispute resolution or make sellers accountable without record of a transaction.
Much like a credit card company, Proxibid monitors the site for irregular or unusual buyer behavior that might indicate fraudulent activity. Learn more about the automated safeguards in our Marketplace.
Proxibid has partnered with Currency Capitol to provide financing for purchases made in the Proxibid Marketplace, via its Express financing product.
Express makes financing painless for consumers. The application process is fast and easy, meaning buyers in Proxibid’s Commercial Trucks, Heavy Construction Equipment, Farm Machinery and Implements, Industrial Machinery and Equipment, and Collector Car categories can gain quick access to capital, maximizing their purchase power.
To access financing, click the “Financing Available” button on the auction or catalog page. To speak to an Express expert, please call 888.977.4723.
Express has already provided countless Proxibid buyers with the financing they need to make purchases in our Marketplace. Learn more about successful transactions using Express:
ProxiPay Keeps You Safe
ProxiPay is an integrated wire payment service that facilitates secure transactions between buyers and sellers that can be used for Buy Now and Make Offer transactions in the Proxibid Marketplace.
Learn more about buying with ProxiPay.