Australian Arms Auctions Selects Proxibid Exclusively for Online Bidding
Doncaster, VIC, Australia and Omaha, NE—September 19, 2017—Proxibid, the world’s most trusted way to connect buyers and sellers of highly valued items, has been selected as the exclusive provider of online bidding for Australian Arms Auctions, Australia’s only specialist auction house of antique arms, militaria, sporting arms, fine edged weapons, and related memorabilia. Australian Arms Auctions’ October sale will be the first of the firm’s events to offer online bidding via Proxibid. Bid live October 8 at 10 am AUS, or place prebids now at www.proxibid.com/australianarmsauctions.
“Proxibid’s rich industry experience, risk management solutions, and customer support were key in our decision to choose this platform over all others in the industry,” said Roland Martyn, Managing Director for Australian Arms Auctions. “We are proud to join other leading auction houses in the category in bringing rare and unique items to collectors across the globe through Proxibid’s secure online bidding platform.”
Nearly 700 lots across all genres, including antique arms, militaria, sporting, edged weapons and investment items dating from 500BC to present will cross the block during this live auction. Collectors from around the globe will have the opportunity to bid on rare and unique pieces, including the fabulous Ian T Cummins collection:
- Extremely Rare and Important Nordenfelt MK.I Naval Volley Gun: Dated 1887 and serial number 6009, this is an important piece in the early development of the machine gun. This particular gun is mounted on its original cast brass static deck mount with blue painted finish.
- Ultra-Rare Elisha Collier Revolving Flintlock Pistol/Carbine: 46 Cal; 5 shot hand-rotated fluted cylinder gun, C. 1820. Provenance on this rare Collier can be traced through the original owner’s family for more than three generations. This is a rare flintlock and possibly the only pistol/carbine known to still exist.
- Cased Forsyth and Co. Percussion Volley Gun: This C. 1821 piece features an ornate foliate engraved barrel tang with platinum band; borderline and foliate engraved locks inscribed “Forsyth & Co Patent”, and ornate iron pineapple finial trigger guard.
- Rare Collier Percussion Carbine: This beautiful 28 bore; hand rotated 5 shot fluted cylinder piece is inscribed E.H. Collier 121 London, has a wide barrel tang engraved with flags, drums, arrows, quivers and shield, leaf border engraved lock plate and engraved en-suite butt plate.
- Prosser London U/O Flintlock Officer’s Pistol: This 15-bore piece, with 8 octagonal Damascus barrels has a top flat engraved J. Prosser Charing Cross London. It has a single gold band to breech, notched rear sight and silver leaf bead front sigh, scroll engraved barrel tang, and borderline engraved locks fitted with bolted safeties.
Proxibid offers the most robust online bidding platform, backed by the industry’s most sophisticated risk management and fraud protection system, designed to ensure buyers are safe when transacting online. That, combined with Proxibid’s 99.99%+ uptime and commitment to customer service makes it the best place to purchase firearms.
For more information about this auction, to view the online catalogue, or to place a bid, please visit www.proxibid.com/australianarmsauctions.
Visit us online at www.proxibid.com
Like us on Facebook www.facebook.com/proxibid
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/proxibid
Follow us on Instagram www.instagram.com/proxibid
Proxibid provides auction companies and asset owners with access to the most trusted way to buy and sell highly valued items online. More than $4 billion in inventory passes through the Proxibid platform annually via live and timed auctions, and Buy Now and Make Offer transactions, across 15 categories including: heavy equipment, industrial machinery, real estate, fine art, antiques and collectibles, and more.
Founded in 2001, Proxibid is headquartered in Omaha, NE with offices in South Sioux City, NE and London. For more information about Proxibid, please visit www.proxibid.com.
back to newsroom